Bluecorn's Beeswax Votives are the workhorse of the beeswax candle world. With proper care, these utility candles will burn for as long as 15 hours each, making them a great bang for your beeswax buck. Here's how to get the most out of your votives:
- Use a (fitted) holder! Votives are engineered to become molten while burning, filling their container. It's a Goldilocks situation. You want the holder to be just right. If you don't use a container, your votive will burn well for a few hours and then melt into a pile of unused beeswax. If you use a container that's too large, you'll run out of wick before you run out of wax. If you use a container that's just right, you'll watch your votive fill in any little gaps and then stabilize for a nice, long burn. Do yourself a favor and pick up a holder that's just wide enough for our votives (height is less important than diameter). We're partial to these 50% Recycled Glass Votive Holders, available in a a wide variety of colors.
- Trim the wick: Before re-lighting your votive (or most any beeswax candle) it's always a good idea to trim the wick to about 1/4". Trimming candle wicks prevents the wick from "torching" (burning hot and smoky), extending the overall quality and duration of your candle's burn.
- Burn to the edge: Each time you light your votive in a holder, allow the melted wax to reach the container wall before extinguishing. This will help you get the longest overall burn time and reduce cleanup when it comes time to refill.
- Finish strong: Once you're down to about 1/4" of wax, go ahead and let the votive burn right through until the wick self-extinguishes. Beeswax has a very high melting temperature, so if you blow the candle out this late in the game, it's unlikely that the remaining wick will have a chance to melt and use the last of the beeswax before running out.
- Refill! You can refill your holders over and over with our Raw Beeswax Votives. Our 18-packs offer your best per-candle price.
- Enjoy :) Votives in glassware are great indoors and out!